Oh, Scooter . . . my beloved Siamese buddy.
So young was I when first I paw-wrote you a furriend message. I had just listened to you talking fur my first time. (Thanks to your wonderful purrson for putting audio clips on your Catster homepage, along with all those lovely photos of you!) I was pawstruck by your deep tones, your purrposeful trilling, your clever phrasing. Many times thereafter I went back and listened to you talk. I’ve yet to master purrfect Siamese vocalizations. I keep trying. I hope you can hear me.
When you celebrated your 20th birthday in October 2008, my purrson and my corgi dogs and I were so happy. We did a meowy birthday dance around the room. I would’ve delivered my favorite celebration smoothie to you if Albuquerque weren’t too far away. We felt so grateful that your meezer genes and good fortune had given you such longevity.
My purrson says she has known many marvelous cats over the years, but she’s sure that there’ll never be another cat so marvelous or so missed as you.
I’ll always remember you with a smile, dear Scooter! How I treasure my memories of your mentorship!
I named a star after you, and that’s where I’ll be looking to meet up with you when my turn comes.
We all shine on, Like the moon and the stars and the sun.
Yeah, we all shine on, On and on and on and on.
Yeah, we all shine on, On and on and on and on.
Most special purrs & headbutts, Ani Siamese


No comments:
Post a Comment