Monday, February 9, 2009

Hi, I'm Patrick.

Scooter is and will always be a dear friend of mine.

I joined Catster.com right after I was diagnosed with CRF a week before my 12th birthday. She welcomed me into her Olde Furts group (ah the perks of being a senior) and I found support from other CRF kitties, including Scooter.

I'll admit, the first few weeks I knew her I thought she was a boy with a name like that. Then she told me she was a girl. I said she'd better not tell me that or I might get a crush on her then!

I did anyway.

When my family fell on hard economic times, my human grandma became very ill in ICU, and I was short of medical supplies, the Catsters pulled together to help me and my family through.
Scooter sent me this!

That's an arial shot of me and my IV stand. She sent me a real hospital-style IV stand to hold my sub-Q fluids that I must have every day as part of my CRF therapy. WOW! It made things so much easier and every time I do my "juice" I think of Scooter and the gift she gave me.

For Christmas she sent me a nice holiday card with some needles to try out. They sure were nice. I kept one unused and put it into my mementos with her card to keep forever.
I sent her a Christmas stocking with a toy in it. I am SO grateful she had a great Christmas with her family and I'm SO happy she got the stocking and liked it! She even gifted my family with a Catster Premium so we could continue to enjoy all our friends there.

She was always a generous, selfless kitty with a wonderful and loving family. My family and I are so blessed and so richer in our knowing them. I've asked Scooter to be my Guardian Angel and watch over me while I live with CRF. I know I'm one of many who are feeling her watching and purrring over them.
She continues to help me even from The Rainbow Bridge.

I love you, Scooter.

Your Friend Forever,
Patrick

http://www.catster.com/cats/873157

No comments:

Post a Comment