
It's taken me a week to be able to come to terms with losing one of my bestest friends ever. Scooter was here for me when I was a kitten and adjusting to Maggie May, or should I say, Maggie May was adjusting to me. She'd lost her soul mate Canoe just a week or so before I arrived and didn't take very well to me at first. It felt so good to have an older sister like Scooter to talk to and give me so much love. She even talked to Maggie May on my behalf and gave such good advice.
Eventually Maggie and I became very close, perhaps more on my part then hers, but she knew I loved her and I'm sure she loved me too, why else would she give me baths and let me snuggle in that wonderful full coat of her's when I was cold? I'll always give Scooter a lot of credit for that.
Scooter was there for me when Terra came to live with us, and was there for me when Maggie May came down with Lymphoma and went through all that chemo and was so sick. Scooter knew how my heart was breaking and how helpless I felt.
I will never be able to express how much esteem I held her in, or how much pain my heart is in now that she's gone to the bridge. I hope she finds Maggie May and Canoe and joins them in a warm snuggly cat pile. I know how much Scooter loved her heated bed and she won't need one at the bridge if she finds Maggie, Magpie will wrap that lush Maine Coon tail around my Scooter and cuddle her up against her tummy. *tears* It really helps to think of them together forever.
Scooter, I miss you, I will always love and cherish you
Blue
http://www.catster.com/cats/178168
No comments:
Post a Comment