Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tribute from Daisy and Cathy to Scooter

I met Scooter just before Valentine’s Day in 2006. I had been on Catster about 6 months and was just starting to know some cats. I don’t remember where I saw it, but Scooter posted that if you wanted a special Valentine from her to send her your address. So I did. And one of my dearest friendships here on Catster was begun. The Valentine is still on our refrigerator.

Our friendship grew when we had questions about how to do something special on our Catster page and Ray's Mom sent us to Scootie. "She can help," he said. And she did. She and her Mom spent days (and a bit of $) trying to help us get one song we wanted on my page. I knew then that Scooter was a true-blue pal.

Scooter also was a great comfort to us when my big sis Sophie died in Nov. 2007. They were pals from the Olde Furts group. Scootie sent Sophie a heating pad to sleep on that kept her comfortable her last few days.

I found out that one of Scootie's nicknames was Doodle. One of my nicknames is Doodle also. So I started calling Scootie "Scoodle," so we wouldn't confuse each other!

Scoodle sometimes has her voice or her purr playing on her page. I like to hear her purr, but I LOVE hearing her voice. I always get excited and rub against the computer speakers when I hear it. It sounds like she is right there in the room, so I look behind the monitor and around the computer, but I can never find Scoodle!

My Mom went out to Albuquerque in October and got to meet Scooter in person. She said she was sweet and beautiful, just like she is on Catster. Scooter’s Dad gave us some special pictures of her that we will always cherish.

Scoodle … Mom and I love you and your parents so much. We are so sad that you had to leave us, but we will always remember your sweet face and your cute voice. We thank your Mom and Dad for sharing you with us for the past 3 years. We will never forget you, sweet girl!

Your friends forever
Daisy and Cathy

http://www.catster.com/cats/166339

No comments:

Post a Comment