Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What to say in remembrance of Scooter?



Gorgeous? True enough.
Kind? Always.
Tough? As a nail!
Sweet? Invariably.
Supportive? To all.

But everyone knows those things about her. My personal remembrance comes from pawmails and from looking at her page. The first time I saw the picture of her with the plumbago, I was in love! She was STUNNING! And the picture of her looking out of the grass was too perfect. It showed her seductive and yet secretive sides at the same time.

But most of all I loved two pictures of her that have now disappeared from her page. Both were pictures of her, and both had been painted by her Daddy. One was of her sitting on the back of the couch, and it told me two things: her Daddy is an excellent artist and he loved Scooter very much. The painting perfectly caught her beauty and his love.

Her (her Mommy's) administration of Olde Furts was the perfect blend of love, kindness, support, and firmness. And she was so smart, you couldn't put anything over on her. If you didn't adhere to group guidelines, you were guaranteed a chiding, couched in the most humorous yet unequivocal language.

So we know who Scooter was because we know who her parents are - kind, smart, talented, and beautiful. Yes, I think they are beautiful, even though I have never seen them. Because I see Scooter as a reflection of her parents, who loved her so much and were willing to share her with us, and made us love her, too.

And now we miss her, too, but not as much as they do. We don?t miss the warm, furry body or that voices, or, best of all, the snoring. But we miss the smart, kind, steely Scooter that endeared herself to all who met her in cyberspace. We miss her now. We will miss her forever.

I wish Bonnie and Dean true peace and eventual joy in the knowledge that they did the best for Scooter for 20 years. And I thank them for letting us know her, too.

Love,

Arnold P.

No comments:

Post a Comment